Location: Ferndown Industrial Estate, Wimborne.
Position: Permanent, full time. Monday to Friday, 7.30am – 4.30pm, finishing at 12.30pm on Fridays
MSA Manufacturing Ltd is a bespoke producer of machine and kit cut composite core and reinforcement materials. They are a key supplier to a number of prestigious companies, and are now looking for a 3D Draughtsman to join their team.
The successful candidate will have a responsibility to create, store, control and maintain the business library of solid models and associated inspection drawings.
- To convert supplied information into 3D models suitable for CNC Nesting on an array of 3 and 5 axis machines
- Use nested solids fed back from Programmers, to create 3D isometric kit maps of the installed assemblies
- Facilitate and guide an intern in the creation of inspection booklets which use the models created and carry sufficient notation for quality control purposes
- Construct and maintain a selection of templates suitable for use on the different drawing types and size formats used
- Proactively identify, suggest and implement improvements into the engineering/production process
- Experience of 3D modelling with parametric modelling CAD software such as Solidworks or Space Claim
- Good time management
- Good document and paperwork management
- A high level of attention to detail and computer literacy
- Willingness to learn, a ‘Can Do’ and adaptable attitude
- ONC/HNC or equivalent qualification
Salary and Benefits
- Good CAD/CAM knowledge, preferably Mastercam x9
- Experience with composite manufacturing techniques and processes
- Ability to respond effectively to rapid changes in scheduling
- Proven ability to manage tasks
- Proficient in Rhino CAD
A competitive Salary, 22 days holiday rising to 25 after 5 years’ service, pension.