Position: Permanent, Full time. Monday to Friday. 40 hours per week.
Salary: £8 per hour
Our client, a busy medical group, is now looking for a Receptionist/Call Handler to join their surgery in Boscombe.
The successful candidate will be responsible for welcoming patients into the surgery and dealing with all Reception related tasks in a courteous, efficient and effective manner, as well as providing administrative support for the department and other ad-hoc duties in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of the front desk/reception area
- Ensuring timely and accurate update of all records and absolute compliance with the CQC and other legislative requirements
- Receive and distribute post daily
- Faxing, scanning and photocopying, as requested
- Maintaining good working relationships with employees and all third parties
- Dealing with requests for medical records as required and in accordance with all data protection legislation
- Handing out of completed repeat prescriptions in line with outlined procedure
- Process appointment requests by telephone and in person
- Working in accordance with company policies and procedures and ensuring complete confidentiality and diplomacy at all times
In return, our client offers an opportunity to be part of a growing company, with a friendly team to join.
- Previous experience of working on a busy reception desk, ideally in a medical setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a professional telephone manner
- Proficient use of the Microsoft Office package
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to take a calm and methodical approach to your work, whilst being adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- A team player
Subject to reference and DBS check.