Position: Full time, permanent. 40 hours per week.
Salary: £Negotiable DOE
David’s Bridal is passionate about helping women shine for the special moments in their lives. As the world’s largest bridal retailer, they offer a wide range of styles and sizes at reasonable prices, so all women can have the celebration of their dreams. They are now looking for an experience Alterations Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all activities in the alterations/sewing room and will work closely with the Store Manager to ensure that garments are ready on time and to exact specification. You will play a key role in the recruitment of new Alterations Assistants and Seamstresses/Tailors, and should have the ability to identify training needs and encourage your team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate and oversee the work of all types of fittings and alterations on bridal gowns, bridesmaid dresses and special occasion dresses
- Ensure alterations customers receive a consistently superior shopping experience and receive high-quality alterations
- Supervise the duties of all Alts Assistants, including alterations specialists, alterations CSRs, and pressers
- Assist alterations department by sewing, steaming, pressing and spot cleaning merchandise as needed
- Allocate the garments on the work line to the alterations specialists as needed to maintain maximum productivity
- Ensure new alterations specialists are trained to David’s Bridal techniques and standards
- Support the education of the consultants and management in garment fit (silhouette training) and proper selection, steaming, pressing, and spot cleaning
- Follow quality control guidelines and inspect all garments to verify pristine condition before final delivery to customer
- A passion for fashion, and for going the extra mile to make David’s Bridal customers look and feel fantastic
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Manual dexterity to sew and perform fittings as necessary
- Ability to move throughout the store, lift up to 10Kgs, stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, stand, and reach with arms
- Experience of working in retail management desirable
- Ability to energetically create a supportive environment and work well with other team members
In return David’s Bridal can offer a friendly, vibrant working environment, encouraging everyone to stay true dreams by creating a culture of inclusivity, authenticity and empowerment for their customers and associates.
Now that we’ve popped the question, please say “I do”!